Organizations are the top-level structure and contain Workspaces, Members, Teams, and Collaborators.
To create a new Organization:
1. Click on the dropdown next to your name and select New organization to open the creation dialog.
2. On the dialog, fill in the fields as per your organization. The Name and Full name fields are compulsory.
A valid name for the organization must follow specific pattern. Please refer to the UI for further instructions.
3. The rest of the fields such as Description, Location, Website URL and Logo Url are optional.
4. Once the details are filled in, you can access the newly created organization using the organizations page, which lists all of your organizations.
It is possible to change the values of the optional fields either using the Edit option on the organizations page or using the Settings tab within the organization page, provided that you are the Owner of the organization .
A list of all the included Members, Teams, and Collaborators can be found on the organization page.
Once an organization is created, the user who created the organization is the default owner of that organization. It is also possible to invite or add other members as well.
Tower provides access control for members of an organization by classifying them either as an Owner or a Member. Each organization can have multiple owners and members.
Owners have full read/write access to modify members, teams, collaborators, and settings within a organization. Members are limited in their actions.
Create a new member#
To add a new member to an organization:
- Go to the Members tab of the organization menu
- Click on Invite member
- Enter the email ID of user you'd like to add to the organization
An e-mail invitiation will be sent which needs to be accepted by the user. Once they accept the invitation, they can switch to the organization (or organization workspace) using their workspace dropdown.
Collaborators are users who are invited to an organization's workspace, but are not members of that organization. As a result, their access is limited to only within that workspace.
New collaborators to an organization's workspace can be added using Participants. To learn more about the various available access levels for Participants, please refer to the participant roles section.
Collaborator can only be added from a workspace. For more information, please refer to the workspace management section.
Teams allows the organization owners to group members and collaborators together into a single unit and to manage them as a whole.
Create a new team#
To create a new team within an organization:
- Go to the Teams tab of the organization menu
- Click on New team
- Enter the Name of team
- Optionally, add the Description and the team's Avatar
- For the newly created team, click on View
- Click on Add team member and type in the name of the organization members or collaborators